Revelation 16: 4-9
4. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: Think of the pomp and lavish robes of the Pope and the Cardinals who serve him, in their scarlet robes. And the gold and jewels of the items displayed in every service at the Vatican. Compare with the simple linen robe of Christ, who said “The Kingdom of God is Within you.”
5. And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. Think of the many ‘deals’ made between the various Popes and Nazism, Communism, and other despots to insure the survival of the Papacy.
6. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. To understand this, one must go back to the early Catholic Church, and how much of the teachings of Christ were altered by the noble monarchs of Europe, especially Justinian.
7. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
It was Satan who ascended out of the bottomless pit, and evil is, and yet we cannot see the source of evil, but only its symptoms. And those most influenced by evil are those who lack a strong love of God.
9. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. It is Rome, Italy, that is known by the seven ‘hills’ surrounding Rome. And it is the Vatican, centered in Rome, that is the center of Catholicism in the world.
Today, the present Pope carries on a tradition of seeking a one-world religion, where the Pope is willing to set aside certain “Christian” principles in order to embrace all religions,[which he would be the head, of course]… whether these religions believe in Christ or not. The Papacy, which means the Pope, has subtly replaced Christ, and has become the servant of Mammon, and more specifically, Satan. This then, is the blasphemy and abomination of which Revelation speaks. God is not compromise, God is Absolute. And no one mocks God.