In Matthew, 13:9-17, we read:
9. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
10. And the disciples came, and said unto him Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11. He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them [the masses] it is not given.
12. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. [Is this not clearly a reference to the Law of Karma, or Sowing and Reaping… or the fact that one can “backslide”]?
13. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: [Perceive what? It is SPIRITUAL (mystical) TRUTH that Esaias is referring to, which is not intellectual].
15. For this people’s heart [“heart” refers to Spiritual Evolution or Spiritual Attainment of ones Soul] is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; least at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I shall heal them. [heal them of “what”? Christ is speaking of removing the attachment to the illusion of life which blinds so many people to the Spirituality hidden Within themselves — until one’s “single eye” is opened by God, Man remains “blind” to Truth.
16. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. [If you can see and hear, then you are have acquired Spiritual Attainment enough to do so, and you are “blessed” for having obtained your level of Spirituality].
17. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them. [And clearly this is indicating that Spiritual Attainment is not something that ones ego, or MIND, or brain can obtain].
I believe that when the Bible speaks of “love,” or “faith,” it is speaking of what Christ refers to as heart. And I believe that “heart” refers to an awakened Soul, or a certain “level” of experiential attainment that one’s Soul must acquire before the door to Spirituality is opened to oneself. In other words, until one can be trusted with the Truth that lies hidden Within oneself, it remains a theoretical and intellectual goal for some… and something to war against for others.
So, there is a desire for Truth [which is called “faith in the existence of Truth”], and there is also a Knowledge of Truth [which can only be acquired over a long period of time by ones Soul in its experiential war with the MIND… which was attached to ones Soul expressly for this war between good and evil].
Hopefully the reader can grasp the concept that until one has “grown” Within ones Soul…. one cannot “see” nor “hear” the Truth that Christ offered to each of us who could [would] cling to the promise… in spite of all the temptations and difficulties of life… until the very end.
If Irvin Baxter is correct [and I believe he is], that end is just 7 years a way.